It’s a fact that people who have a strong sense of purpose live longer than anyone else. People who live a life of purpose are less likely to suffer from disease, stroke, mental health issues and other life diminishing effects.
My belief is you have only one life. It’s a gift. Live it. Easy enough to say, but in my business and experience it’s a rarity. Especially if you are past your sell-by date in business, the family have flown the nest, your marriage has ended, you’ve lost the love of your life and plans for the future.
You may have inherited a fortune or businesses, your partner may have been struck down by a life threatening illness or accident. All of a sudden your life is turned upside down, seriously upside down. I’m a natural born fixer, that’s why I do what I do. Finding a new purpose in life takes, guts, self reflection, motivation, energy and intention.
I know this may sound trite, but lets give it a go:
- Sit and just think in a peaceful quiet room
- Speak to your friends and ask them for any ideas
- What are you good at / What do you enjoy doing
- Do you need to earn money
- Volunteer, fundraise, give of your expertise
- What are you doing when you are in your happy place
- Surround yourself with positive people / Network and find like minded people
- Look into new opportunities and collaborations with colleagues, friends and family
- Find out what bothers you in life, around politics, worthy causes, injustices
- Rediscover your talents / Learn something new and different
- Say ‘yes’ more often than ‘no’
All that is stopping you is your ‘self limiting beliefs’. It’s as simple as that. As a life coach, it’s my job to help my clients find their new purpose after life’s many and varied traumatic events. Life can throw you sideways or even bury you. Know that it doesn’t have to be that way.
After all, adversity is the mother of invention as they say. When one door closes, another opens. The important thing is to rise up, take courage and small steps. You will make it.
For more tips, advice and support – contact me today.
Founder, Saphora Private