‘When you are excellent at what you do, you will become unforgettable’ – Oprah Winfrey
Personal branding is conscious and intentional. It has everything to do with the world’s perception of you as an authority in your industry or sector, it elevates your credibility and differentiates you from the crowd and the competition.
At best, having an understanding of your uniqueness and being able to feel your personal power will increase success in your career as well as standing amongst your contemporaries. You will widen your circle of influence and ultimately, your impact on the world we live in.
Your reputation is everything, and above all, always do the right thing. Don’t forget it takes a long time to build your personal brand and reputation, but just moments to lose it.
Without wanting to reinvent the wheel. I found this super easy aid memoir:
- Understand who you are and what your strengths are
- Identify a niche that you want to be famous for
- Define your audience
- Research your niche area and follow other experts – this will be your tribe
- Be authentic and live your brand. People can see right through anything remotely superficial and it will damage your reputation hugely
- Build your network and let others be your advocates and tell your story for you
- Take the time to think about your legacy. What do you want the world to remember you for and how can you leave a record of it ie write a book, make a video, showcase photographs, store essays and make them available to business and academic institutions.
Big isn’t always best. It is your decision to create that niche. Whether it be in the world of social consciousness, or business acumen, entrepreneurship, justice or education, to be excellent at what you do is to secure your place in the emotional hearts of your chosen fraternity.
For more tips, advice and support in getting back up – contact me today.
Founder, Saphora Private